On Tuesday Hailey had an appointment at Vanderbilt Eye Institute; I had noticed some laziness in one of her eyes and having a long family history of amblopia / lazy eye I decided I'd rather be safe than sorry and get it investigated early. First we saw the opthomologist's assistant...ran through some "tests", mostly trying to get Hailey to look at something long enough for him to examine her eyes :) ... next she got some dilating drops and we waited for 20 mins for her eyes to dilate. She didn't even notice anything was different...just ran around the waiting room playing! Might I mention now how much I love pediatric clinics...they're always so child friendly!




Then we returned to see the opthomologist himself...he was super nice and great with Hailey...after being evaluated by 3 doctors I was informed she had the "best eyes of the day" -- aka, nothing wrong, phew, what a relief. Now this doesn't mean she may not have to wear glasses eventually but at least her eyes are not starting out bad early on!
In other news we have been catching up on some yard work...our veggie gardens are FINALLY starting to produce more than unruly plants and leaves :) Yummy!
Hail's and I also rejoined playgroup ... being gone for a week feels like a long time in that world -- all the kiddos seem to grow daily! On Thursday we were at Jump Zone and Hailey found a new mommy, literally! -- She was following Amy around none stop! She was even so bold as to by pass me to get to her and be picked up!! Funny thing is she hasn't seen Amy since she was 6 months old...and even then she only saw her a handful of times!! Guess she just loves her!
Finally, I am happy to report our household is now wireless!! Nonni gave us her old laptop when she got Aunt Lisa's old Mac (none of these computers are truly "old") ... I was happy to get anything :) So with help from Papa and the pleasant staff at Belkin help desk I was able to wire a wireless G router to work with my desktop and laptop :) I no longer have to yell at Karl to stop playing Civilization . . . I can just jump on my laptop ... although I may have some competition for that now!!!
We also had a visitor this week, Madison was staying with us again while her brother had to go back into hospital . . . luckily though he only stayed for a few days and was released today :) We always love having her around, but are happy her brother is better! And last night Hailey had a sitter while Madison, Karl and I all went to see The Half Blood Price (for those in the dark...it's the newest Harry Potter flick!) I was SUPER excited and was not let down...the movie definitely did the book justice! And tonight will be a great ending to a first week home -- a much needed MNO!

No comments:
Post a Comment